May 25, 2008 at 11:33 pm
I decided it is high time for another random links post, so here goes. Be forewarned — these are not related in any fashion other than that they interest me.
1. Absolutely gorgeous aerial photography of David Maisel (via a new favorite blog: Jen Bradford). His work is so rich and beautifully abstract:
2. I think I have a very good reason to now move to Chicago. So I can attend the University of Chicago. So I can go to their future library. (And yes, I think a library is a perfectly suitable reason for moving.) The reading level will be under a giant glass dome and the books will be stored underground where a mechanical system will retrieve them for you. (via NotCot):
3. Some odd matches with tiny little animal faces (from TheDieLine‘s collection of packaging from a trip to Japan, via NotCot):
While I am vaguely attracted to these I think I would be creeped out by lighting their teensy little heads on fire. Also check out DieLine’s other packaging examples for some nice (and not all cutesy) design.
4. One of my favorite little joys in life is to watch the NASA (Jet Propulsion Laboratory) staff whenever a launch or landing is announced to be a success. I love this! I get all choked up and giddy for these amazing rocket scientists as they burst into clapping, cheering, and laughter, then hug everyone in sight. [A new Mars lander reached the red planet. How mind-boggling is it that we humans can DO that?!!]
5. Thanks to How About Orange I have spent way too much time on this highly addictive photo site (Bakumatso Koshashin Generator) that makes your photos look old:
6. And lastly, via Craft, is this DIY accordion envelope organizer from Paper Source. I love me some organization. Especially when I can make it myself.
Hope you enjoyed a peek into how my scattered brain works!
Entry filed under: art, craft, fuzzy, random. Tags: accordion, aerial, artist, envelope, joy, jpl, library, links, matches, nasa, oldifier, photography, photos, random, success.